An ethnically melting pot like New York is host to a dazzling variety of Events and Festivals. Of course, you cant take them all in but every traveler should participate in a couple. It is yet another level of viewing pleasure. So, let me take you for a stroll of New York City Events.
New York City Events And Festivals
- Winter Jazzfest NYC – Greenwich Village, host to over 100 acts at 11 venues, therefore highly popular.
- Broadway Week – 2 for 1 ticket for Broadway’s most popular shows.
- NYC Restaurant Week – City’s best eateries, a 3-course lunch, and dinner.
- Lunar New Year Festival – a celebration of the Chinese New Year
- Westminster Kennel Club Show – Held at The Piers 92/94 and Madison Gardens
- New York Fashion Week – designers of the World with their Fall collection at the Lincoln Center. Hence a big draw
- Saint Patricks Day Parade – An important Irish heritage celebration, more than 250 years old. Hence, the parade of bands, bagpipers and politicians go up to 5th Avenue past Saint Patrick’s cathedral.
- Easter Parade and Bonnet Festival – An Easter Sunday celebration of outlandish and fancy hats and accessories. Hence, fashion and festivity come together.’
- Tribeca Film Festival – thousands of independent documentaries, foreign film screenings held all over lower Manhattan.
- Ninth Avenue International Food Festival – ethnic cuisine.
- Washington Square Outdoor Art Exhibit – this huge sidewalk art fair of artists and artisans.
- Fleet Week – The US Navy, Marines and Coast Guard observe Memorial day with The Hudson parade of Ships, therefore kicking off a week of military demos and musical performances.
- Belmont Stakes – Thoroughbred horse race which is the third and final leg of the Triple Crown,
- Pride Festival and March – A GLBT celebration and civil rights rally.
- Shakespeare in the Park – Free tickets (2 per person) but as these shows are sellouts, they are extremely popular.
- Macy’s Fourth of July Fireworks – This spectacular display near the Brooklyn Bridge
- Bastille Day on 60th Street – A celebration of French cuisine, culture, and entertainment.
- NYC Restaurant Week – Great dining deals at over 300 class eateries
- Lincoln Center Out of Doors Festival – Three weeks of free, world-class music and dance recitals
- New York International Fringe Festival – A Fringe theater and multi-arts festival for 16 days.
- US Open – Tennis pros compete in Flushing Meadows, Queens.
- Electric Zoo Festival – An electronic dance music festival.
- Washington Square Outdoor Art Exhibit – sidewalk art fair of artists and artisans
- Broadway week –Broadway’s most popular shows. 2 for 1 ticket
- New York Fall Fashion week – Spring collections, above all, of the Worlds best designers at Lincoln Center
- New York Film Festival – Hosted by Film Society of Lincoln showing critically acclaimed International works and Hollywood premiers.
- Colombus Day Parade – Annual celebration above all of Italian-American heritage
- Open House New York – A design and architecture event.
- Village Haloween Parade – Haloween night festival and parade.
- New York City Marathon – The world’s most popular, hence the largest marathon event.
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade – An extravaganza of floats, dancers, and celebrity performers
- Rockefeller Tree Lighting Ceremony – Rockefeller Plaza’s iconic Christmas Tree is set aglow.
- Ice Skating Rinks – Rockefeller Center, Wollman rink and Bryant Park rink, which is free and therefore popular.
- Holiday Window Displays – Department Stores dressed up, so best viewed after sunset.
- The Nutcracker – Choose between the many options.
- New year’s Eve at Times Square
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks
There is so much to enjoy in New York. Hence, perhaps a full year in New York will leave you satiated.