A New York travel bag, especially for a vacation of 4 weeks, is a critical piece of your equipment. You will need two pieces, of course, one a suitcase and secondly a handbag of sorts for daily use. Unfortunately, cargo pants with multiple big pockets are not an option here at all. Read along to find out about the best New York travel bag.
New York Tavel Bag – A Large Suitcase
- Look for large-toothed zippers. Their sturdiness withstands the wear and tear of travel and minimizes chances of them popping open. The pull tabs should be large and robust.
- Looks apart, it is essential to be practical in your choice of a suitcase. Skip the soft variety for a hard-shelled suitcase. It is subject to extreme mishandling at airports. Your precious presents, souvenirs, clothing, shopping are all in jeopardy. On the flip side, being hard, they have been known to crack open when subjected to large loads and shocks
- Soft bags always had an expandable section. Hence they were chosen. Nowadays, even hard shell suitcases have this provision. As they are soft, they absorb shocks better but are prone to tears.
- Look for multi-compartment suitcases. These can make packing easier, well organized. Check all zippers and closures for proper functionality. Also, 90-degree corners rather than rounded ones give more significant space.
- Invest in a set. Every suitcase has an optional overnighter. You are not going to cart your large bag for a trip lasting 2 days; the carryon should match the international size. It is 45” or 115 cm linearly measured,i.e, L+B+D
- Purchase your bag from a reputed dealer, and the brand is essential. Your warranty should be sufficient.
- Don’t forget to check the wheels minutely for smooth functioning.
New York Travel Bag – For Daily Use
- The bag should be well made and suitably strong to last a few trips.
- A good sign is a product warranty which is an endorsement.
- Look for sturdy stitching, front and back pouches. Shoulder straps with padding and a low-profile color are all desirable considerations in purchasing a shoulder bag.
- You will be lugging it around and for some time too, so watch the load you pack in.
The image in your mind of the perfect bag would vary widely from person to person and also from trip to trip. Before choosing one, ask yourself these few relevant questions.
- What is it for? Hiking, camping, traveling, or for work.
- If it is travel, what mode? Planes, ships, cars, walking, etc.
- Imagine you don’t have a bag, can you manage.
- What kind of terrain is your bag going to be subjected to, knee-deep water, snow, stairs, etc?
- Which individual items need will you be packing.
- What will be the load you’ll be lugging around and the length of time?
- Are you restrained in any way, medically, or let’s say inappropriate clothing like cultural outfits.
Ready For The Road
Once you are sorted out with these queries, it should be reasonably easy to go shopping and get yourself that beautiful, compact New York travel bag. Go and enjoy your walks or shopping and flaunt your terrific bag while you are about it.